Kate Hooven, USA Synchronized Swimmer, is in the team competion at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games.
- Club: Santa Clara
- Event: Team
- Height: 5'8"
- Date of Birth: January 3,1985
- Birthplace: Newton, Mass.
- Hometown: Pleasanton, Calif.
- Current Residence: Pleasanton, Calif.
- Daughter of Robert and Katherine Hooven
- Goal is to win a gold medal at the 2008 Olympic Games
- Proudest moment was winning the Combo event at the 2006 FINA World Trophy Cup
- Competed for the Ohio State University (2003-2004) and helped the Buckeyes to a 2004 U.S. Collegiate National Championship before returning to California to focus on synchro
- Was named a Scholastic All-American at OSU
- Would like to finish school and study art or design
- Also enjoys surfing, playing the guitar, running, designing clothes, traveling and baking
- Learned to swim as a baby but did not try synchro until she was 11
- Attributes her synchro inspiration to watching the 1996 U.S. National Team strike gold in Atlanta
- Hooven is responsible for the "look" of the Team as she coordinates the Team makeup for competition