The Bottom Line
The book The Ultimate Guide to Pool Maintenance is about as complete a guide to swimming pool maintenance as I have seen written in plain English. Every home swim pool owner could benefit from something in this book. I highly recommend it.
- Written in an easy to understand style
- Covers just about all a home pool owner needs to know on swimming pools
- The "Tricks of the Trade" highlights are invaluable bits of good advice
- Pool maintenance tasks are rated as easy, advanced, or professional
- May be too simple for advanced pool operators
- Wish it was waterproof - hard to keep it clean and dry around the pool
- Describes and illustrates pool tasks with easy to follow, step-by-step instructions.
- Tricks of the Trade help new pool operators learn from experienced professionals.
- Lists of tools needed to complete each task are included.
Guide Review - The Ultimate Guide to Pool Maintenance by Terry Tamminen - Third Edition
This is a great book for all swimming pool and spa owners. If you follow the guide, it can make operating your pool or spa safer and easier, not to mention more enjoyable. The book has sections on
- swimming pool and spa types, design, construction.
- pool plumbing
- pumps and motors
- pool add-ons and gear
- water chemistry
- cleaning and servicing your pool or spa
- special needs
- commercial pools
- environmental concerns and ways to make your pool environment friendly