Momentum is growing and were keen to spread the word widely among the swimming community, by which we dont just mean the elite or master swimmers, but also those who just enjoy a swim now and then. WSM is about all those who can swim doing something to help fight a disease which is the worlds single largest killer of children:
- the equivalent of 7 jumbo jets full of children will die today, and every day, from malaria.
- thats 3000 children a day and one every 30 seconds.
- malaria is more-or-less preventable.
- the single most effective means of prevention is the use of a mosquito net above childrens beds at night.
- 100% of the money rasied will go towards buying those mosquito nets.
The groups and organisations already involved include those you might automatically associate with swimming such as British Swimming, Speedo and the triathlon community - but also those you might not associate with swimming, such as Microsoft and the BBC. Many of them will have 5000 colleagues, friends and family swimming around the world. How can you help? by swimming and raising money, of course, and by registering a swim on the World Swim for Malaria Website