Aaron is looking to sweep the backstroke races at the Olympics in Beijing, and he has the world records to do it.
- CLUB: Longhorn Aquatics (TXLA-TX)
- AGE: 24 DOB: Jul 23, 1983
- HEIGHT: 6' 4" (193.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: 175 lbs (79.4 kg)
- HOMETOWN: Irvine, Calif.
- RESIDENCE: Austin, Texas
- BIRTHPLACE: Orange County, Calif.
- COACHED BY: Eddie Reese
- Parents: Tim and Wella; father is a mortgage broker, and mother is a retired dental hygenist
- Sibling(s): Younger sister (Hayley) swam at Auburn and is a member of the National Team. Aaron and Hayley became the only sibling duo to medal at the same World Champs when Hayley took silver in the 1500m free, followed by Aaron's gold in the 100m back, both on July 22, 2003; older stepsister (Erin) - stepbrother (Greg) is the same age
- Sports Played Before Swimming: Water polo, basketball, baseball, soccer
- Nickname(s): Pinesol
- Hobbies Outside the Pool: Reading, going to the beach
- Ultimate Way to Relax: Going to the beach
- Charities: Is an ambassador for the Surfrider Foundation, working to increase awareness of beach and coastal environmental issues
- Charities: Is a spokesman for Oceana, the largest international organization solely dedicated to ocean advocacy
- Charities: Serves as a "clean water ambassador" for the Global Water Foundation
- Sponsor(s): Nike, Mutual of Omaha
- Training Stats: Swims 10,000 meters/yards per day, 3 hours a day, 6 days a week
- Gave up future college eligibility after 2004 NCAA Championships
- Enjoys surfing when he’s near the ocean; favorite places: the Wedge in Newport Beach, Calif., for body surfing, and a small beach in Nosara, Costa Rica
- At the 2006 Nationals, both Aaron and his sister Hayley won national titles on the same day (Aug. 5) as Hayley captured her first national title in the 1500m free and Aaron won his 11th national title in the 200m back
- U.S. city: Newport Beach, Calif.
- int'l destination: Barcelona
- musician: Mason Jennings
- ummer activity: surfing