Emily will be in the 100 Freestyle at the Beijing Olympics.
- CLUB: California Aquatics (CAL-CA)
- DOB: Oct 9, 1985 HEIGHT: 5' 11" (180.3 cm)
- HOMETOWN: Bainbridge Island, Wash.
- RESIDENCE: Berkeley, Calif.
- BIRTHPLACE: St. Petersburg, Fla.
- COACHED BY: Teri McKeever
- High School: Bainbridge HS ’04
- College: Cal-Berkeley ’08
- College Major: American Studies
- Parents: Bob and Mary Sue; Bob swam at Indiana University from 1970-71, then transferred to the University of Arizona to swim and finish school
- Sibling(s): Older sister (Kerry) who graduated from the University of Washington; older brother (Patrick) who graduated from Washington State University; older sister (Helen) who is two years older and also swam at Cal-Berkeley
- Notable Relative(s): Uncle (Larry Barbiere) was a 1968 Olympian in swimming; he took fourth in the 100m back
- Sports Played Before Swimming: Soccer, basketball, water polo
- Nickname(s): Rocket Mouse; “My nickname from my parents growing up was Mouse. In high school, they started calling me the Rocket because of swimming.”
- Pet(s): One dog (Rudy)
- Hobbies Outside the Pool: Photography, drawing, sleeping, shopping, relaxing with friends
- Ultimate Way to Relax: Driving in my car by myself and singing along while the music is at full blast