Olympic swimmers will compete for gold, silver, and bronze medals in a variety of Olympic swimming events, from 50-meter freestyle races to the 10-kilometer open water race, from 28 July through 4 August in the swimming pool, and on 9 and 10 August on the open water swimming course.
More on Olympic Swimming at the 2012 London GamesThe swimming schedule, results, and some medal predictions for the London games. You can also follow the unofficial competition to see which country "wins the swim meet" by checking the medal count for the swimming events.
- 2012 Olympic Swimming Schedule
- Results from the 2012 Olympic Games
- The Fastest Swimmers Going Into London
- The Swimming Olympic Medal Count
- Olympic Medal Statistics as of the start of the 2012 London Games
About Olympic SwimmingWhile the number of events swum at the Olympic games is less than those raced at the world championships, the Olympic games are the most important swimming championships in the world.
Olympic SwimmersWho will go for the for the medals in London 2012?
Olympic Swimming HistoryA look back at Olympic swimming.
- An Illustrated History of Olympic Swimming
- Past Olympic Swimming Medalists
- Great Moments in Olympic Swimming
- Olympic Swimming Controversies
- Men Olympic Swimmers of the Past - Where Are They Now?
- Women Olympic Swimmers of the Past - Where Are They Now?