"We were full of energy today," commented U.S. team member, Jillian Penner. "We wanted to swim from our hearts and I think we accomplished that."
Team USA swam the same routine that was debuted in Beijing by the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team. The theme is "Action" and is a fast-paced routine that features music from the Godfather Remix. The United States will be back in the pool on Monday night for the duet technical preliminaries.
The U.S. roster contains one returning 2008 Olympian (Penner) and three members from the 2007 U.S. World Championship Team (Meghan Kinney, Penner and Layla Smith) that took home a bronze medal in Melbourne, Australia. Kinney, who was an alternate to the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team serves as the Team Captain along with Smith.
Synchronized Swimming World Championships: 18-25 July
- Schedule: Synchronized Swimming 2009 World Championships
- Team Roster: USA Synchronized Swimming 2009 World Championships
- Results: Synchronized Swimming 2009 World Championships
- About Swimming: Synchronized Swimming World Championships Central
- Results from Omega Timing
- 2009 Swimming World Championships On-line Video and TV Schedule