From the article: Almost Half of Users Admit Unhygienic Swimming Pool Behavior
Have you gone to the local swimming pool and found it to be a disappointing mess? A little dirty? Sparkling clean? What are your experiences at the local pool, and how have you addressed them?
- my pool is clean but how do i clean the pump the cycle for wash and rinse?
- My pool has small grey worms in a cluster at the bottom,what are they?
- —Guest Bronwyn
- i am a synchronised swimmer and spend 10 hrs a week in the pool. but lately the water quality has concerned me because of the very low visibility levels and the vast amount of hairballs floating around. ive noticed that the filters are very weak, never mind big enough to even start getting those hairballs out. its disgusting! many swim clubs and individual swimmers have complained, yet they do nothing about it. alot of us are getting very sick, as well, although im not sure if its from the water quality or not.
- —Guest synchroswimmer
Swimming Pool and Spa
- pressure sand filter consists of a pressure vessel-this could be either vertical or horizontal-fitted with a set of frontal pipe work and valves, graded silica quartz sand supported by layers of graded under bed consisting of pebbles and gravels, a top distributor to distribute the incoming water uniformly throughout the cross section of the filter, and an under drain system to collect filtered water
- —Guest www.shubhamindia.com
Swimming Pool Cyprus
- How many are allowed in the pool,we have a any time one 25-30 children or adults mostly guests who think they can use our pool. We are reporting ear infections,and cystitis are their any regulations on the numbers at any one time. Regards Agnes
- —Guest Agnes Fraser
- I'm so worried for my girl, she love the pool, but the pool in my subdivision, the water smells terrible. What can I do about this?
- —Guest Ana Maria
clean because rarely used
- My apartment building has a swimming pool which is very clean, because few people use it in the run of a day.
- —Guest freddie
dirty or overchlorinated
- Dirty pools will give you an earache or perhaps even an upset stomach. Over chlorinated pools will be more subtle and are more dangerous. We have had three in our swim group have to have sinus surgery. The local Y keeps the chlorine between 3.0 and 5.0. The state minimum is 0.4! Chlorine has been shown to cause asthma and several of us have develop asthma in our 50's. I have not been able to find any definitive studies on chlorine effects at 3-5 ppm levels compared to 1.0. Does anyone have any leads? The poor little kids (and us old farts too) are being poisoned and no one is doing anything about it.
how clean is your swimming pool?
- I'm learning how to swim and i did swallow water from the pool.My concern is am i going to get sick, because the fellowing day i felt very tired and my throat and my ears canal really hurts , what should i do. I know I should stay away from the pool at least until I feel better is there any way i can prevent this from happening in the future,by the way I'm taking private lesson at high recommended private sports club, and thanks for the information.
- —Guest alba
- I teach aquatics and I'd say that 95% of members coming to class do not shower before entering the pool, even though there are notices on the door to the pool to do so. Excuses range from," I don't need to shower, I showered yesterday" to "I'll be in the water soon". It's as if they have no understanding about what they bring to the water, in terms of bacteria. My other concern is the high level of chloramines generated in the pool and the lack of a "proper" air supply, together with the very high air temperatures present in warmer pools 84F and up. Has anyone suggestions as to how to combat both the showering and air quality in the pool?
- —Guest annie