From the article: Swimmers, Why You Swim Determines How Often You Need to Swim
What is the main reason or primary goal of your time in the water? Do you swim to relax, or are you swimming for fitness? Maybe you are doing it for more than just fitness, you are swimming to do swimming races, or to do a triathlon? Tell us why you swim, what you do when you swim, and the results. What works - and does not work - for you and your swimming routine?
- I swim about 4 times a week. Its amazing because I feel so relaxed. Its good for my legs and tones them. Great for my arms. All my arms are tones at the top, before I swam the skins at top inside were getting saggy. Its good for my bum and it firmer. My breasts are firmer and a D now. My skin is firmer even my neck. I am over 50 and look good. So get in your local pool. I like ladies night the water in my local pool is warm and you don't need a beach. Some days I'm the only one in the pool. I'm so lucky. Then I have anice hot shower. Then I walk home I only live a stone throw away.
- —Guest abbey
- I LOVE SWIMMING!!!! if swimming didn't exist, i wouldn't be alive. Every day i want to go to the pool. Im 10.
- —Guest Me
Swim to fit into jeans
- I'm a black girl age 21. Here in South Africa not much black girls I know are interested and Love swimming the way I do. in a two day 2hour swimming session, I lose a lot of weight. I'm slightly chubby. I have to travel a bit far to get to a swimming pool of which I have to pay for. Wish I had a pool at Home. Its what I love to do!
- —Guest Boitumelo from South Africa
- I swim for fitness and for my weight. I am 56 and have been very active in sport all my life. Swimming is an outlet, jump in the water and swim 2-3 k, warm up, 20 laps 15 meter pool , then 50 meters hard then 50 meters half pace . I do this for 2k then cool down 20 laps . It takes me 1 hour . I am completely spent when i am finished . Was wondering if this is good for me as i train on my own ? Swimming , i find is incredibly satisfying and hard. My energy levels are through the roof . My knee joints and shoulder joints are as strong as they have ever been after multiple surgeries on all joints. Competitive swimming is also a goal that i have set myself. Please people jump on board get swimming get fit have a longer life span and enjoy your life. you have plenty of time to sit in your longe chair and watch tv when you get real old. Swim your bums off and enjoy yourself doing it.
- —Guest Bill Waterston
- I've been swimming ever since I was 5 and I was on a swim team and I still am. I swim 5 days a week and sometimes there are swim meets and I want to win!!!! i am getting better. I swim because I like to do it and I like being in a competition
- —Guest Christina
swim for win
- I swim 5 days a week with a club, each session 1 - 2 hours and swimming sometimes 200+ lengths in each one. I do it for competitions and to get the right qts and improve my pbs.
- —Guest anonymous
- I was forced to choose an exercise a few years back, per the doctor's instructions; for me swimming doesn't feel like exercise; at first I could only swim 4 strokes, but I stuck with it and kept on increasing the goal; I never swim less than 3X per week and dont allow myself to swim more than 4X; I want to stay exciting and not become boring or a chore; I am able to swim 70-80 laps in 1 hour, depending on the drills and workout; I use all kinds of "toys"; fins, pull-buoy, kick-board, paddles; in the pool, pressures of my life are gone; it is a place that I do not allow any negativity; it is my swim-world with my swim-pals;
- —Guest Rebecca
- I do swimming 2x a week but I find it draining and stressful because they push us really hard and expect the best. I'm not sure if I enjoy it or not or if I'm just doing it because it sounds impressive when i tell people and it keeps me fit.
- —Guest Blah
i dont went to go to swamming
- whay are we even going to swamming and i dont went to go to swamming becase the teacher are mean.
- —Guest daniel
Excellent way to recover mind and body
- I had severe depression and it sucks.. but lucky that my therapist suggested me to get back to exerise. I start swimming again. Now i reduced tremendously on my depression.. And now i swim 6times/week. And i found my peace in the water. Feel like home.
- —Guest Ken
Swim to Win
- I'm 34 yrs old with a bad back and joints. I swim 2 miles a day 5-6 days a week. I am strong and healthy. Healthier and stronger than any of my friends younger and older. If I never started swimming I would be in a back brace because i was born with a curve in my spine. Swimming straightened my spine. No brace included.....
- —Guest carrie-ann
- i'll be 66 in november. had prostate cancer sugery feb 20th. now i'm doing 3000 nustep moves in 26 minutes. swimming 1000 meters in 28 minutes. i've got a goal. stay healthy and reduce arthritis pain.
- —Guest mmoore
- No matter where is the world I am living, once I hop in that pool, adjust my cap n goggles and push off that wall -- I AM HOME! :)
- —Guest debbie
- I could swim before I could walk. I now swim about 1 1/4 mile in 1 hour once a week along with cardio 5x and yoga/pilates 5x per week. recovering from 2nd breast cancer and trying to stay healthy, or die pretty!!
- I like to swim to keep myself fit. Every day, I go to the local YMCA and jump in the pool and swim 1/2 mile laps. It keeps me healthy and gives me energy!
- —Guest Mary Ann
1-15 of 71Next