From the article: What One Thing Could You Do to Swim Better
Given the choice to do anything you are capable of doing, what would you do to swim better? What one thing would you change about your swimming technique, swimming workout habits, or anything else you do with swimming to swim better? What swim better things are on your list?
- before swimming,always stretch so whether your doing a long set or you are about to swim competitively,do it
- —Guest alli
Relax a Little
- I can only swim when I'm relaxed. Before swimming I always try to relax myself by reading or resting. I also try to prevent fighting before swimming as it's all I can think about.
- —Guest Raina
Tips I do
- Obviously, during my training sets I focus mostly on my high-box and my turns, which makes me go faster and consume less energy.
- —Guest Phelps
- focus more on the calmness of the water instead of how tired you are and synchronize your breathing with the strokes you take.
- —Guest lindsey
- After 5 years, I'm at ease doing bilateral breathing in the pool. I'd like to be able to do it when I'm doing speed sets and triathlon/open water, but need to work on that through continued practice.
Reduce rotator cuff impingement pain...
- ...improve my swimming technique in order to reduce rotator cuff impingement.
- —Guest Guillaume
- line up on my stroke instead of crossing over. This is a hard habit to break. Tried mirrors, fingertip drag.
- —Guest Kristina Smith